Join our team on September 22nd at 11am as we partner with leading money manager, Brighthouse Financial, to bring you and your loved ones a full overview of how to best plan and prepare for long-term care.
We Will Do A Deep Dive Into:
- What is long-term care (LTC)?
- Popular types, costs, and ways to pay for care
- Hybrid life insurance + LTC vs. traditional LTC
- Claims payments: Cash indemnity vs. reimbursement
- Managing long-term care needs
- Long-term care: A case study
Why Plan For Long-Term Care?
Long-term care involves a variety of services designed to meet a person's health or personal care needs during a short or long period of time. These services help people live as independently and safely as possible when they can no longer perform everyday activities on their own.
We are living longer than ever. On average, someone age 65 today can expect to live to age 84.2 for men and age 86.8 for women. While the need for long-term care often happens gradually over time, it can also happen suddenly and can leave you or your loved one in a sticky situation without having the proper finances or plan for long-term care in place.
Who Needs Long Term Care?
It is difficult to predict how much or what type of long-term care a person might need. Several things increase the risk of needing long-term care like,
- Age. The risk generally increases as people get older.
- Gender. Women are at higher risk than men, primarily because they often live longer.
- Marital status. Single people are more likely than married people to need care from a paid provider.
- Lifestyle. Poor diet and exercise habits can increase a person's risk.
- Health and family history. These factors also affect risk.
To register, click the button to your right titled “Register” and put in your name, email, and phone number to receive the registration information.
*Once registered, you will receive an email with the Zoom link information as well as a reminder email the day before the event.
Date and Time
Fri, Sep 22, 2023
11:00a - 12:00p EST